Built new craftsman home with curved roof, large copper-covered roof braces.
Scope of work:
- Deconstruction of existing house and garage, saving as many materials as we could.
- Discovered after demolition that the existing basement foundation was unreinforced and deteriorated so we excavated and replaced the foundation and gained another foot of headroom.
- Framed and finished lovely custom craftsman house with hardwood floors, custom cabinetry and tile work, wood windows and skylights letting in lots of natural light.
- Built a complete legal apartment in the basement with large windows and lots of cabinetry.
- Sound control between apartment and house. RSIC clips, double 5/8 sheetrock and rock wool insulation.
Richard Stein Design, Kate Schuyler